Links

Tokenomics

Within the partnership with Wirex, Nereus Protocol owns 5,000,000,000 WXT, which is 50% of total supply. The remaining 50% has been previously purchased or distributed within the Wirex ecosystem.
Total supply – 10bn WXT
  • Wirex Ecosystem – 5bn WXT
  • Nereus Protocol – 5bn WXT

Nereus Protocols Emission Model

​

Phase 1

Phase 1 will take place in weeks 1–6 of the Nereus Protocol. 50,000,000 WXTs will be emitted per week.
  • In the first 3 weeks of the protocol, 100% of WXT emissions will be allocated to Lenders and borrowers.
  • In weeks 4–6, as soon as the WXT liquidity pool is operational, 75% of the emissions will be allocated to lenders and borrowers, with the remaining 25% being allocated to incentivise liquidity providers.
Nereus will emit a total of 300 million WXTs in Phase 1. This has been decided upon as an estimated equilibrium point between overly incentivising short-term participation (which will attract mercenaries) and providing sufficient incentives to instigate the building of a strong community. Additionally, during phase 1, Nereus will offer very competitive rates on both its borrowing and lending markets. The rewards distribution across markets has been calibrated to ensure that borrowing remains profitable on all markets, provided total liquidity & usage rate (Variable Debt /Total Liquidity) remain reasonable. As a reference, if total liquidity remains below 50,000,000 and the usage rate remains below 50%, the rewards APR will cover the unincentivized borrow APR cost in phase 1.

Phase 2

Phase 2 will take place in weeks 7–12 of the Nereus Protocol. 37,500,000 WXTs will be emitted per week.
In this period, 75% of the emissions will be allocated to lenders and borrowers, with the remaining 25% being allocated to incentivise liquidity providers. Nereus will emit a total of 225 million WXT in phase 2.

Phase 3

Phase 3 will take place in weeks 13–48 of the Nereus Protocol. 12,500,000 WXTs will be emitted per week.
In this period emissions will be allocated to lenders and borrowers, and allocated to incentivise liquidity providers.

Phase 4

Phase 4 is the mature phase of the protocol. It will take place in weeks 49–96 of the Nereus Protocol. 520,000 WXTs will be emitted per week.
In this period emissions will be allocated to lenders and borrowers and allocated to incentivising liquidity providers.
In phases 3 and 4, the scheduled WXT emissions are lower than in prior phases. But the distribution of the protocol’s revenues as incentive rewards will take over if we succeed in our long-term objective to build a self-sustainable and competitive ecosystem, where WXT is valued as its key utility, equity, and governance token.
​